Over the past seven years Roatan has become a huge part of my life. My time spent in Roatan is always the best part of my year and I am constantly thinking about when I get to go back. When I came back from Roatan last year I came back wondering why God gave me the life that he did. I feel like I know now. God gave me this life so that I could help others. Now is the time to help and the people of Roatan desperately need it.
Early on in this COVID-19 pandemic Ronny Russell from Live Again Ministries got in touch with me. He shared of a desperate need on Roatan.
Eighty percent (80%) of those employed on Roatan are in the tourism industry. Since all of Honduras is on lockdown, the tourism industry has totally shut down. There are no cruise ships, flights to the island, or service jobs at any of the resorts. It is devastating.
Over the years Live Again Ministries has built a strong partnership with Nidia Webster of Roatan Because We Care (RBWC). Nidia asked Live Again Ministries to partner with them on a Roatan Food Bank project.
With 80% of adults and their families unemployed because of COVID-19 there is a desperate need for food.
Mission project specifics
- Your $25 donation will provide a bag of food to one household.
- A bag of food will feed one family for 10-12 days.
- The bag has beans, rice, cornmeal, cooking oil, powdered milk, cereal, and other essential food items.
- 100% of all donations to the Roatan Food Bank will go to provide food for individuals and families.
I have already responded to the need and plan to give more in the future. If you would like to join with me in helping meet a very real need you can.
- Donate online and select “Roatan Food Bank”
- Donate by text to 610-569-9186, key word “Roatan Food Bank”
- Send a check to First Baptist Church, with “Roatan Food Bank” in the memo.