Our Vision and ValuesLearn more about what we believe at First Baptist Church
What We Believe
At FBC we believe we share in the common mission Jesus gave to all his followers in his teachings of the Great Commission and Great Commandment.
The Great Commission:
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'” – Matthew 28:18-20
The Great Commandment:
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’'” – Matthew 28:36-39
Our vision for how that common mission becomes a reality here at FBC is expressed this way: First Baptist Church, a Christ Centered, Holy Spirit led Community, Employing our Gifts to meet the Needs of Individuals and Families, Empowering People to Grow into Mature Followers of Jesus.
FBC Core Values
- People matter to God, so they matter to us.
- People are spiritual beings, so we journey with them as they grow into mature followers of Jesus.
- Children are made by God and for God, so we nurture them as they grow in wisdom and stature, beginning their spiritual journey.
- God has given prayer the power to change the world, so we commit to growing in the practice of prayer and listening for the “still small voice of God.”
- Created in the image of God, people long for relationship, so we help people connect with a caring community.
- All that we have is a gift from God, so we serve as Stewards of all that He has entrusted us with to build the Kingdom of God.
- Worship ushers people into the presence of God, so we provide worship experiences that help people encounter the living God.
- Our witness extends beyond our fellowship into all the world, so we contribute positively to the life of the Greater Kennett Square Community and world.
- The Word of God has the power for renewal, revival and transformation, so we remain faithful to the message of the Old and New Testaments.
- We treasure God’s faithfulness to our church, so we celebrate but are not held captive by our history and traditions.